Novenco Fire Fighting supplies state-of-the-art highly efficient water-mist systems specially designed for ferries. The XFlow® system is designed with a unique water mist nozzle which releases very fine water droplets forming a water mist when activated.
The XFlow® system for ferries provides a number of advantages for fire fighting systems in accommodation and drencher and provides full and local protection in machinery rooms:
- High safety – It is in some cases possible to use the fire mains as back-up for safe return to port due to low pressure requirements
- Lower weight due to smaller pipe dimensions and less system water
- Aesthetically appealing attributable to the concealed nozzle and cheaper to install as fewer nozzles are required due to the greater spacing between nozzles, up to 5,5 m.
- Lower power consumption - uses only 30 % of the power required for high pressure systems
- Eliminates risk of clogging - water mist head opening is larger than those used in high pressure systems
- Lower water consumption - uses up to 70 % less water than conventional sprinklers